- Watch the video
- Make notes on the order of creation
- Write down what happened on each day of creation
- Draw a small image or symbol next to each day to help you remember
Christians interpret Genesis in different ways:
Some believe it is literally true, some believe that it is metaphorical or symbolic.
Task 2: What does it mean for something to be literally true? What does it mean for something to be symbolically true?
Task 3: Research the answers to the following questions. Write the answers down.
- What is Young Earth Creationism?
- What is Old Earth Creationism?
- What is theistic evolution?
- Is Young Earth Creationism a symbolic or literal interpretation of Genesis?
- How old do Young Earth Creationists believe the world to be?
- Which theories agree with evolution?
- How old do Old Earth Creationists believe the world to be?
- Where does the evidence for these theories come from?
- What is the difference between Young Earth and Day Age theories?
Task 4: How do scientists believe that the universe was created?
Task 5: Answer the following questions.
- What is evolution?
- What book did Darwin write?
- What is natural selection?
- What is the evidence for it?