Task 1: Choose five words that you would use to describe Jesus.
Task 2: Find the answers to these questions:
- When was Jesus born?
- What religion was he?
- Which country was he born in?
- Which town was he born in?
- How old was he when he died?
- How did he die?
- What do Christians think he did 3 days after his death?
No-one knows what Jesus actually looked like, because there are no physical descriptions of Jesus in the Bible.
So every picture of Jesus is either: A personal response or the person’s own idea of what Jesus was like or… An image that tries to get us to think in a certain way about him.
Task 3: For each of the following images complete these tasks…
- Use one word to describe the image
- How would you describe Jesus in this image?
- Do you like/not like this image? Why?
Task 4: Depending on your gradepath, complete one of the following…
Give three examples of different ways that Jesus can be portrayed.
Why are there different interpretations of Jesus and the way that he looks?
Which interpretation do you agree with the most? Explain your answer.