Task 1: Watch this video about how Buddhism began.
Task 2: Summarise this story into five bullet points.
Buddhists believe in the Three Universal Truths and the Four Noble Truths.
The Three Universal Truths:
1. Everything is impermanent and changing
2. Impermanence leads to suffering, making life imperfect
3. The self is not personal and unchanging.
The Four Noble Truths:
1. All life involves suffering (the Truth of Suffering)
2. Suffering is caused by desire and attachment (the Origin of Suffering)
3. Desire and attachment can be overcome (the Truth of Cessation)
4. The way to overcome them is by the Eightfold Path (the Truth of the Path)
Task 3: How do you think that these two sets of truths help Buddhists live their lives?
I think they help Buddhists live their lives because…